So you are graduating! You want a stunning senior session, but you aren’t quite sure how to prepare. Here are 5 simple ways to get the images you want …
1) Bring clothing you love and feel confident wearing …
and bring multiple outfits for variety.
Photographers used to tell clients to wear “solids” or classic styles that don’t change,
but I disagree!
Wear the things that scream: YOU! Wearing trends and styles you love will help tell the story of you, right now … in the year you graduated and took on the world.
(Don’t be afraid to add a fun pop with the details. We can get stunning and we can get sassy all in the same session)
2) Play around with hairstyles before the session, but sometimes your confident best is a hairstyle you do everyday. There are no rules, just do what makes you feel pretty and bold.
Some girls like to schedule a hair appointment the morning of their session to be sure to get the desired look, but try not to get a wild new cut too close to your session date.
Depending on the style of your session, you may even plan for hair pieces and accessories to complete the overall feel of the image.
3) Simple “props” that describe you can personalize a session.
This senior loved sunflowers, and she brought a bunch to the shoot. Other sessions I have done included salon tools for a senior who was going into cosmetology, a family pet for a senior who was pursuing a career as a veterinarian assistant, a guitar for a senior who loved music, and a college t-shirt to show where the senior was headed.
Almost anything goes! What tells the story of you?
4) Hats, watches, and jewelry are great ways to give your images variety.
Paying attention to the details gives a finished look that makes a big difference in your gallery. Be sure to do your nails (either no polish at all or a fresh manicure), and take those elastic hair ties off your wrists before the session!
It’s the little things.
5) Believe it or not, beauty sleep is not a myth! Try to get a full night of sleep the night before your session.
Trust me; your eyes will look brighter and happier when you are well rested.